May 21, 2017 12:00pm - 4:00pm
CHI: Workshop - Jaime Black @ WeWork Kinzie
Members joined us for an interactive IVY Workshop on How to Launch Your Own Podcast with Jaime Black, the Founder of Dynasty Podcasts which is the longest-running music podcast in Chicago's history! Since launching over a decade ago, Dynasty Podcasts has produced over 800 episodes and has been heard in over 165 countries.
- We began the workshop with a welcome reception as we caught up with a great group of IVY members and had the opportunity to meet Jaime Black one-on-one.
- Then, we started off with the Podcast Workshop Part I, focused on learning the ins and outs of creating, crafting, and circulating our own podcasts.
- Following Part I of our learning session, we enjoyed a complimentary lunch.
- Next, we dove into Podcast Workshop Part II, in which Jaime guided us through the intricacies of publishing on iTunes, SoundCloud, and mobile. He also illuminated the best strategies for amplifying on social and digital media, and how to distinguish yourself from the competition in a notoriously crowded market.
- We closed out the afternoon with Q&A with Jaime and a complimentary wine reception, leaving with concrete tips on how to transform our passion projects into a reality — all the way from selecting a theme song to recording and editing (on a budget!).
20 W Kinzie Street #17
Chicago, IL 60654